Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Perfect Apple iPad Case - REI Tech Wrap Sleeve (X Small)


I purchased an 32GB Apple iPad last week and one of the first things I needed to figure out is how I was going to protect it when it was not in use.  I am not a fan of using hard-shell, or silicone wraps/cases on my gadgets because I believe it takes away from the intended design and usability of the device.  The Apple iPad is even more so.  I love the design and form-factor of the iPad so much I really don't want to add anything to it.  But, I still need something to put it in when it is not in use or if I want to transport the iPad from home to the office. 

I started looking online for a case and didn't find anything that looked like what I wanted.  I am very particular about my bags/cases so I decided to go to my local REI (www.REI.com) to see what they have that might work.  Once I started looking around in the computer bag section of the store it didn't take long to find exactly what wanted.  It's called the REI Tech Wrap Computer Sleeve and it is perfect! Product Link: http://www.rei.com/product/795066

Video Review of the 
REI Tech Wrap Computer iPad Sleeve

Here is what REI has to say about the Tech Wrap Sleeve:

TSA checkpoint-friendly X Small REI Tech Wrap computer sleeve fits netbooks and portable media readers with up to a 10 in. screen and features plenty of organizational options.

Partially made from 100% recycled PET polyester fabric, each sleeve keeps ten 16 oz. plastic bottles out of landfills

Checkpoint-friendly design meets TSA screening requirements for not having to remove laptop from sleeve, reducing the hassle of airport security checkpoints

Book-style design zips open and lays flat with computer on one side and pockets on other; X Small size fits a netbook or portable media reader with up a 10 in. screen

Zippered neoprene sleeve provides protection for your computer; vertical and horizontal access accommodates use of a variety of carry bags

Internal letter-size document pocket keeps papers organized; zippered, divided pocket helps keep small items separated and easy to find

External zippered front pocket features an organizer panel and enough space for small peripherals or cords

Haul handles on top let you tote sleeve with ease; attachment points allow use of shoulder strap (sold separately)